Medical Modernization Product Management Office
The Medical Modernization Product Management Office develops, procures and manages the modernization of medical devices to enhance the readiness and lethality of the Warfighter.
Mission: To maintain existing required capabilities when medical equipment becomes unsupportable or unaffordable due to obsolescence, or when adopting new technology.
In this role, Medical Modernization:
- Modernizes medical systems and individual medical equipment items to ensure modern, safe, effective healthcare in the battlefield
- Manages there placement or upgrade of obsolete commercial-off-the-shelf and legacy medical devices; currently 27devices are in process
- Support the development of medical devices and products by serving on Integrated Product Teams (e.g., fielding, requirements, sustainment)
- Executes the conversion of the legacy Combat Support Hospital to the new, modular Hospital Center (HC); by 2023, 35 CSH will convert to 24 Hospital Centers
- Executes the conversion of the legacy Forward Surgical Team to the Forward Resuscitative Surgical Team; by 2023, 40FSTs will convert to 46 FRSTs